San Diego, California -- DVEO®, a supplier to leading telco and cable operators providing TV/OTT services, is proud to announce that at IBC 2018 the company will launch the latest addition to the ATLAS™ packaging server family. Available now, the ATLAS™ "Traffic Saver" offers a unique and revolutionary way of serving recallable live streams that can be played with all native web and mobile players without the need for custom development or complicated SDKs.
DVEO will introduce this fully cloud manageable system at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC), September 14-18, in Amsterdam, at stand 2.A34.
The ATLAS Traffic Saver supports just in time VOD/LIVE/CDN applications. It will ingest virtually any type of feed or content and insert ads, and package it to serve live, catch up, or create origin VOD with adaptive rate streams with playlists, to ensure the best possible viewing experience.
"The ATLAS Traffic Saver is ideal for telcos and multi-screen operators that deploy IPTV, OTT, and VOD," said Laszlo Zoltan, Vice President of DVEO. "It's also a very useful video server for hotels, universities, stadiums, and other public venues. It automatically archives live video and stores it for VOD. Plus it includes Catch-up TV and live timeshift functionality, so viewers can rewind and fast forward."
Thanks to Unified Packaging, the system allows operators to ingest live HLS, TS, or stored content from a video server, or pull content from CDN's, and instantly transform all these formats to any other format with or without DRM (Digital Rights Management).
All DVEO's streaming products now support CMAF compliant HLS fragmented fMP4, which enables the ATLAS Traffic Saver to use the same stream segment for HLS/fMP4 and DASH inputs. This can save on storage by up to half. When forwarding streams to a CDN, only one segment is needed for both HLS and DASH.
DVEO and ATLAS are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
* Media distribution server designed for both Live and Stored (VOD) applications
* Ingests H.265 or H.264 live streams over IP, then adds wrappers such as MPEG-DASH, HLS, or RTMP
* Supports both HD and SD H.265/HEVC and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
* Packaging or Origin or Edge server
* Inbound Protocols: Multi-bitrate File, RTMP, RTSP, MPEG-TS, HLS
* Outbound Protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), RTMP, MPEG-DASH, MPEG-TS
* Converts unicast streams to multicast streams, or other direction
* Includes Catch-up TV and live timeshift functionality (rewind/fast forward) via HLS, creates X hour buffer and continuously cleans up old files
* File formats supported for VOD: TS and MP4
* Server Side Ad Insertion with HLS -- Server inserts pre-encoded ads based on schedule or with SCTE markers. Dynamically targets ads at specific users.
* Adds subtitles for closed captioning or multiple languages
* Intuitive management interface
* Compatible with Verimatrix® VCAS™ and Widevine® DRM's
* Fully Cloud manageable
* Supports Android™ private channels
* Data Base Replication -- Produces device specific segments
* Carrier Class hardware
* Supports Teradek®, LiveShell Pro™, Wirecast™, Motorola®, Harmonic®, Tandberg®, Matrox®, Cisco®, Spark-E™ HDMI/IP, and most other well known encoders
* Easy FTP transfer of media for VOD of stored content
* REST and SOAP SDKs are available
Suggested Retail Price:
ATLAS Traffic Saver: $7,995 U.S.
DVEO is a well established, privately held entity headquartered in San Diego, California, since 2001. DVEO develops and sells broadcast quality video encoding and streaming products, media servers and ad insertion solutions to leading Telco TV/OTT and cable operators around the world. The DVEO solutions enable multi-screen service delivery to any device, anytime, anywhere in the world. Deployment models include turnkey installations and cloud-based service delivery. All solutions are built on Linux OS and Intel Xeon-based platforms to ensure 24x7 reliability, and feature DVEO-developed software for maximum flexibility and upgradability, ensuring long term investment protection. These ultra-reliable products are matched by valuable pre-sales consultancy, outstanding post-sales service and support, and -- not least -- unusual affordability.
For more information on DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To download the DVEO press releases and product images, visit the news section at www.dveo.com.
DVEO®, 11409 West Bernardo Court, San Diego, California, 92127
Web: www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-1815